NEC Corporation and Hortonworks have announced expansion of their strategic partnership in the field of distributed Big Data processing platforms. The companies are combining NEC’s “Data Platform for Hadoop” with Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), powered by Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, that allows enterprise customers to process structured and un-structured data on a single platform. NEC will introduce and market the Big Data platform solution throughout global markets with support from Hortonworks.
This strategic relationship between NEC and Hortonworks – an industry-leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms, allows each company to leverage its core competencies and maximize the benefits delivered to their enterprise customers and partners. Through this extended relationship, Hortonworks will certify NEC’s Data Platform for Hadoop with HDP as a Big Data Appliance which is build and optimized for Big Data workloads. NEC will leverage the knowhow of Hortonworks in the integration of Big Data as well as its best-in class Hadoop expertise and support services.
As per the company, this partnership aims to achieve the following:
· NEC and Hortonworks will align engineering teams to verify HDP and incorporate use cases such as Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) offload or Data Lake in order to accelerate the deployment of NEC’s Data Platform for Hadoop.
· Big Data technologies are changing rapidly. NEC and Hortonworks will strive towards enabling their customers to always use the latest Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark and maximize the benefits derived from them.
· NEC will provide its clients with a high-quality Hortonworks certified platform to accelerate HDP deployment and enable customers to utilize the latest Big Data solution for their business expansion.
· NEC and Hortonworks will offer an easy upgrade path to customers by providing pre-validated and certified upgrades of the Hadoop version in use.
· Both NEC and Hortonworks are committed to integrate their engineering collaboration and go-to-market plans and to expand this business into new and developing markets. The focus of this collaboration is to enable customers and partners with the latest use cases and market trends that can assist them in realizing their Data Driven Digital Transformation Journey.
· NEC provides enterprises with Hortonworks DataFlow (HDFTM) and Hortonworks Professional Services in order to implement HDP and HDF, which enables customers to quickly create business value and successfully realize their Big Data vision.
“It’s important for organizations to make fast and informed decisions by extracting business insights from huge volumes of data. In order to accomplish this, NEC is committed to providing organizations with the best Hadoop platform for data management and processing. In pursuit of this commitment, we have established a Centre of Excellence for Analytics Platform and Solutions in India, which focuses on research and development of futuristic Big Data solutions and provides end-to-end sales and support functions to its clients. By becoming a Platinum reseller for Hortownworks, we are uniquely positioned to provide a certified Big Data solution to the market,” said Tomoyasu Nishimura, Sr VP, NEC Corporation. He added, “We look forward to extending this partnership to the next level to deliver more innovative solutions.”
"I am very pleased to welcome NEC as one of Hortonworks’ Platinum partners. I am sure that the certified Big Data solution stack of NEC’s Data Platform for Hadoop and Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) will provide our customers and partners with leading-edge data-driven solutions and advantages to grow their businesses,” said Christopher Sullivan, SVP, Global Channels & Alliances, Hortonworks.
The partnership between NEC and Hortonworks was initiated in September 2015. Since then, the companies have collaborated on a variety of projects, enabling them to acquire key clients in the telecom and banking sectors.
See What’s Next in Tech With the Fast Forward Newsletter
Tweets From @varindiamag
Nothing to see here - yet
When they Tweet, their Tweets will show up here.