● The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) will soon question Bollywood actor Govinda in connection with a Rs 1000 crore online ponzi scam case, according to reports.
● EOW stated that at present, Govinda is neither a suspect nor an accused. He will only be questioned.
● Solar Techno Alliance's (STA-Token) online presence in several countries was illegally operating a pyramid-structured online Ponzi scheme under the garb of crypto investment.
● Govinda reportedly endorsed the company, attended its grand function in Goa in July, and promoted the company in some videos.
● the Bureau of Immigration, issued Look out Circulars (LOC) against three top-up-line members who are also among the main accused persons
● LOC was issued against a Hungarian national, who is the global head of the scam.
● The EOW estimated that more than 10,000 people from Odisha have already been members of this scheme
Bollywood actor Govinda will soon be questioned by the Odisha Economic Offences Wing (EOW) in connection to their probe into the Rs 1000 crore online ponzi scam. The actor reportedly endorsed the company which has been found guilty of running the pan-India scam.
As per reports, a company named Solar Techno Alliance, which had a presence in several countries across the globe operated an online ponzi scheme under the pretense of cryptocurrency investment. The company reportedly collected deposits without Reserve Bank of India authorization from over 2 lakh people across the country and raised a whopping Rs 1000 crore.
The EOW estimated that more than 10,000 people from Odisha have already been members of this scheme. This scheme/scam has more than two lakh members (Pan India) mainly in states like Punjab, Rajasthan, Bihar, Jharkhand, Haryana, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, and Assam.
According to a report in a national newspaper, authorities at the EOW stated that at present, Govinda is neither a suspect nor an accused. He will only be questioned because he had endorsed STA in a few videos, and the officials will try to find more clues about the scam from his statement.
Govinda had attended a mega event hosted by STA in Goa in July this year and thus, a team of Odisha EOW will reach Mumbai soon to question the actor regarding his association with the company. The officials added that if Govinda's role in the case is only limited to being an endorser of the company as per a valid agreement, then he will be made a witness in the case.
Govinda is yet to issue an official statement about his involvement in the case.
On the work front, Govinda was last seen in the 2019 film Rangeela Raja, in which he played a double role. While he has been keeping away from films for quite some time now, he is often spotted appearing on reality shows and events as a special guest.
Earlier this year, he was also seen enthralling the audience with his trademark dance steps at the Filmfare Awards, and he was seen shaking a leg with his 'Partner' Salman Khan.
See What’s Next in Tech With the Fast Forward Newsletter
Tweets From @varindiamag
Nothing to see here - yet
When they Tweet, their Tweets will show up here.